Sunday, 22 April 2007

5 hour journey

To save 25 pounds, I decided to take a 5 hour journey home from York instead of 2 hours. At the time of making this decision, I didn't know that I need to change 3 times, including three train rides and one bus ride. On the first ride, I was puzzled about the change and asked the guy who sat across me. That's how we began to become each other's companion for the next 5 hours. I guess when you travel alone, it's easier to meet people.

He's a Russian grew up in Britain, an electronic engineering fresh graduate. Unexpectedly, I learnt quite a lot about York, Russia, electronic engineering, geography of Britain, complex family issues, how computer software plays a role in capital markets... Interesting!!!

It's an interesting encounter. He gave me an apple; in exchange, I shared my Macau peanut candies with him. The 5 hour journey was much more enjoyable than I have expected.

However, walking home at 1am was really scary. I was running all the way back. Glad my flatmate stayed up and talked to me on the phone until I closed the gate of my building.

Will tell you more about my trip to York later. Time for bed and start my week long challenge tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, it's always been easy for you to meet peopl whether you are alone or not:p

sheff

Anonymous said...

Can you PLEASE not do this anymore!? It's not worth it!! If you want to travel, you have to travel safe!

YOUR SIS